There are a number of good India-centric rating systems such as TERI’s GRIHA and IGBC’s LEED. While these rating systems are good to benchmark a project they do have a administrative and financial overhead that they place on the project. With all the little details that we patiently work with in order to make our project truly ‘Green’, this becomes an unnecessary burden on our resources. We are passionately committed to being environmentally friendly and creating a sustainable community during and after the design and construction phases. By putting green design methods into practice, we intend that our customers themselves will be our best rating system. We will also be disseminating information on both our blog on this site and through our social page at www.facebook.com/arjuntree and do hope that more of the Real Estate Development community adopts these methods. Constructive criticism to improve our methods is always welcome. Please drop us a line or comment on our blog or facebook page.
Continuous Natural Ventilation
One of the most important requirements for comfort in a hot and humid climate is continuous and free air circulation and moisture evaporation through breezes. At “ArjunTree One” we have provided large openings towards the windward and the lee ward sides, within the apartments, and cross ventilation is taken care of through the air spaces in the sky courts. The sky gardens in the apartments act as wind scoops, creating air currents, drawing air into the house.
A lot of people have been asking us about our Sewage Treatment Plant, How is it that we have one for such a small project? Read more >>
Architecture in the tropics has to act like an umbrella: keep out the rain, keep out the sun, and let the wind through to keep the body cool.
- RAINWATER HARVESTING for ground water recharge and reuse.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT Sewage and grey water fully treated and reused with adequate Sewage Treatment Plant. Appropriate solid organic waste management system.
- PAINTS Low VOC Paints for internal walls
- COMMON AREA & EXTERNAL LIGHTING Timer controlled system and low energy fittings.
- BIOCLIMATIC ARCHITECTURE Lowers energy consumption. This is achieved by natural day lighting and ventilation throughout the building. Large openings towards the windward and leeward sides. SKY GARDENS to shade and protect lower floors and act as wind scoops that create air currents to draw air into the houses.
- STRUCTURE: RCC framed structure with columns and beams.
- EXTERNAL WALLS: Composite masonry of aesthetically done exposed terracotta perforated brick / exposed laterite masonry on the external surface and laterite plastered on the internal surface for external walls. Finished with a combination of painted and exposed Terra Cotta blocks.
- INTERNAL WALLS: Laterite blocks masonry plastered on either surfaces for internal walls. All internal walls except utility/ work area and toilets rendered with putty and low VOC paints.
- Rustic series Vitrified tiles 60 cm x 60 cm for foyer, living, family living, dining, kitchen, balcony and bedrooms (Rustic series ceramic tiles 60 cm x 60 cm.)** For utilities and bathrooms first quality anti-skid ceramic tiles on the floor & first quality ceramics tiles for bathroom walls. Matt finished tiles for the lobby & stairs.
- DOORS AND WINDOWS:
- Front door** – Teakwood, melamine finished with Godrej or equivalent quality lock.
- Internal Doors** – Molded paneled and painted doors with engineered wood door jambs.
- Toilet Doors – White laminated flush doors with PVC lipping and engineered wood door jambs.
- Windows – Powder-coated aluminum windows using INDAL or equivalent sections with standard hardware. French doors for balconies & terrace gardens.
- SANITARYWARE & PLUMBING: Wall mounted western style closet with twin flush open cistern. White sanitary fittings CERA or equivalent. All CP items Jaguar or equivalent.
- ELECTRICAL WIRING: Three phase wiring. All wiring using Finolex/ Havells or equivalent make copper cables, concealed in PVC conduit pipes. ELCB – 40 A (30ma) and MCB’s MDS or equivalent.
- SWITCHES: Modular switches and sockets.
- KITCHEN PLATFORM**: Granite counter, dado tiles, sink and tap. All provisions for electrical and plumbing connections.
- INTERNAL DRIVEWAY: Driveway with interlocking pavers to enhance rain water percolation.
- COMPOUND WALL: Layout will be surrounded with a solid 5 ft masonry compound wall.
- WATER SUPPLY: PWD /Rain water for domestic uses and treated open well / recycled water for flushing and gardening. Automatic pumping system.
- COMMON AREA & EXTERNAL LIGHTING: Timer controlled system and low energy fittings.
- LANDSCAPE: Tropical and sustainable landscape as per master plan.
- LIFTS: One automatic passenger lift and one automatic utility lift.
- RAINWATER HARVESTING: Collection and treatment as per norms. Techniques adopted for ground water recharge.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT: Sewage and grey water fully treated and reused with adequate Sewage Treatment Plant. Appropriate solid organic waste management system.